It can be hard to stay focused on the things you want to create. It can be hard to stay productive and move forward.
You know what you want to do and you know what needs to be done, but you are not doing it or you don’t stick to your plan.
This can be in different ways and on different levels.
You can get distracted in the day to day work and life and everything that pops up or comes in between.
But you can also get distracted in your bigger picture and get off the road you were on.
There is so much noise out there in the world that it’s super easy to get distracted. A lot of people are suddenly changing up everything or create new things out of nowhere. That doesn’t mean you have to do that too.
Wherever you look, there always seem other things you should do (too), because they work really well and/or bring in good money.
But the fact is, is that a lot of the things are often not in line with what you first wanted to create or what comes from your heart.
What’s really important in this, is that you go back to your vision.
Ask yourself: what is it that I wanted to create and why do I want that? Why is that important to me?
Go from there. Keep reminding yourself of that and tune in on a regular basis. This will help you stay on the road you really want to be on. Follow and create your own road and everything that comes with that. Stick to your plan and vision.
This means that you have to say ‘no’ sometimes to maybe great opportunities or things that are likely to do. Always check in with yourself first.
Stay focused on what you want and ask yourself this question: is what I want to do right now in line with my vision?
Now, let me give you some tips on how to stay focused in the day to day life.
1. Create a schedule for yourself. Work in blocks for example. Structure will help you!
2. Make a list of everything you want to do. Start with the highest priority tasks and go do it. One by one. And if you don’t feel like doing anything, start with a small task to get you moving. Then keep on going.
3. When you are procrastinating a task, ask yourself why this would be the perfect timing to get this done. NOW.
4. Make sure that there are no distractions around you. No phone or other things. Just you and your work. Set a timer if that helps you. Or concentration music.
5. Share what you are going to do for the day or week with someone else. Use that as your accountability.
And last but not least… When you feel stuck in this, ask yourself; what advice would I give to others around this? 😉 Then, go follow that answer.
If you need some help to get you move forward, let me know.
I’d love to help you. Send a DM!